Written after an inspiring trip to his native eSwatini, formerly known as Swaziland, Bristol-based musician Sydney ventured out to create a moving ode to his home, with the spiritual guidance of those musicians and well-wishers he met along the way. Ode to eSwatini takes the form of 7 odes, peopled by field recordings, indigenous instrumentation, and dubbed out spaces, all warped into a psychedelic lifeworld of sounds from disparate histories and cultures.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$7.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Ode to Ralph 2:13 Sydney feat. Ralph Smit Buy
- 2 Ode to Matambo 3:09 Sydney feat. Guy Hobley Buy
- 3 Ode to eSwati Groove 3:33 Sydney feat. Smiles & Guy Hobley Buy
- 4 Ode to the Journey 3:18 Sydney feat. Alex Alkins & Guy Hobley Buy
- 5 Ode to the interlude 2:23 Sydney Buy
- 6 Ode to Velemseni 4:57 Sydney feat. Velemseni & Smiles Buy
- 7 Ode to the Wizard 3:29 Sydney feat. Smiles & Matambo & Guy Hobley Buy