Though Dopamine is officially RX-101’s debut LP, these tracks were actually cut years ago. Towards the end of the 90’s, RX-101 - known to his friends as Erik Jong - would produce ambient techno and electro tunes for private use. A chance discovery by the folk at Suction Records (D’Arcangelo, June) has led to a run of archival RX-101 releases. All of the RX-101 EPs have been superb, and the first full-length is no different. The obvious comparison for these gentle, pretty tracks is Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works 85-92. In fact, there was a moment where the Aphex Twin hive mind speculated that RX-101 was another of Richard D. James’ aliases...
In stock, shipping now.
CDOut of stock
- 1 Dopamine 2:00 RX-101
- 2 Warm Electronics Box 2:00 RX-101
- 3 Tracker 2:00 RX-101
- 4 Search Path 101 2:00 RX-101
- 5 Helium Spheres 2:00 RX-101
- 6 Rendezvous Beacon 2:00 RX-101
- 7 Those Friday Evenings... 2:00 RX-101
- 8 Docking 1:24 RX-101
- 9 Pulse Shaper 2:00 RX-101
- 10 Floating Waves 2:00 RX-101
- 11 Rx.4.a03 2:00 RX-101
- 12 Atlas Booster 2:00 RX-101
- 13 Frogus Esophagus 2:00 RX-101