Bytes is a new offshoot of The Ransom Note, the label arm of the similarly-named online magazine. To launch the Bytes brand they’ve managed to snag MINO, the first Minotaur Shock album to be released in seven years. While 2012’s Orchard LP blended acoustic folk, Krautrock, tech house and other harmony-heavy styles, MINO maintains the melodies while going harder with the production. The beats here are altogether bigger, drawing from techno, IDM and occasionally the jazz-influenced free electronics of acts like BADBADNOTGOOD and Archie Pelago. All of this brings MINO closer to the likes of Gold Panda than anything Minotaur Shock has done before - and in our book that’s never a bad thing.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$11.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Grey 5:18 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 2 Flytip Toe 3:44 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 3 Foment 4:32 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 4 Petr Petr 3:41 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 5 Prittskin 3:20 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 6 Good Birds to See 5:57 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 7 Landline (Your Dad) 5:53 Minotaur Shock Buy
- 8 Waxflower 4:54 Minotaur Shock Buy