Around six years in the making, violist Annie Gårlid — appearing under her moniker UCC Harlo — is caught between the concert hall and the basement performance space on debut solo album United. Released on Emptyset co-founder James Ginzburg’s Subtext Recordings label, United deals in turning the luscious bliss of an unbroken plane downwards; into heart-stopping deconstruction, or an unending horizon of unknowable anxiety. Church bells upend ‘Queen Anne’s Lace’, and abrupt drops silence the dancing viola of lead single ‘Ceres’. Unsettling in its blemished beauty, United cements UCC Harlo’s place next to Holly Herndon and Vessel in contemporary composition and cutting edge electronic experimentation.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$11.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Ceres 1:58 Ucc Harlo Buy
- 2 Bach Gamba f*cked 2:50 UCC Harlo & J.S. Bach feat. Torben Klaes Buy
- 3 Palimpsest / Too Near 5:40 Ucc Harlo Buy
- 4 Lyricist Of Panic 5:27 Ucc Harlo Buy
- 5 The Secret Lives Of Plankton 2:30 Ucc Harlo Buy
- 6 June 29th (The Third Space) 4:23 Ucc Harlo Buy
- 7 Sumite karissimi 4:09 UCC Harlo & Magister Zacharias & Zacara de Teramo feat. Rebecca Lane & Callum G'Froerer Buy
- 8 Queen Anne's Lace 6:04 UCC Harlo feat. Thijs Geritz Buy
- 9 Áve Giove 6:28 Ucc Harlo Buy