Laurence Guy rocks up on Studio Barnhus for the release of his new EP. Making Music Is Bad For Your Self Esteem sees Guy expanding his sonic palette in exciting ways. While the cosy, shuffling deep house style that has led the way on his recent records is still present, the tracks here also nod to rave, breakbeat, drum ‘n’ bass and Boards Of Canada. It makes for a bracing mix - check the lively organic grooves of ‘Wildlife’ and ‘It’s Good To Try’. Those who’ve had their heads turned by Jun Kamoda’s recent work should try out Making Music Is Bad For Your Self Esteem.
Stock on order, expected soon.
Digital Track List
- 1 Wildlife Laurence Guy 6:03 Buy
- 2 Missing In Reaction Laurence Guy 6:07 Buy
- 3 It's Good To Try Laurence Guy 3:04 Buy
- 4 My Brain Is A Scrambled Egg Laurence Guy 9:10 Buy
- 5 Are You Fine? Laurence Guy 3:46 Buy
- 6 I Have The Feeling I've Been Here Before Laurence Guy 3:15 Buy