Sourcing the immediate styles of contemporary R&B, bedroom indie pop, and noodly folk, Richmond, Vancouver musician Ian Mugerwa — appearing under his bemusing moniker ot to, not to — exudes a heavy air of mystery. But much of It Loved To Happen moves fluidly as air, dotted with near-indecipherable chemical changes and quantum alterations. ‘Luvsfeld I, II, & III’ and ‘Apaixondao’ suggest works of great orchestral movement, but they’re indivisibly tiny, scratchy with slight strings and murmurings of guitar. Nevertheless, Mugerwa’s poetic beauty is in his demand to be heard. Bear the album’s title in mind; this sounds like music that only exists when you’re listening to it.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 It Loved... 4:15 ot to, not to Buy
- 2 Luvsfeld I, II, & III 5:28 ot to, not to Buy
- 3 New York City 3:21 ot to, not to Buy
- 4 Blanc 3:28 ot to, not to Buy
- 5 Apaixondao 1:57 ot to, not to Buy
- 6 The Sun Lifts The Water 2:28 ot to, not to Buy
- 7 Kamaji 3:30 ot to, not to Buy
- 8 Life & Times 6:44 ot to, not to Buy
- 9 Roxanne 4:23 ot to, not to Buy
- 10 Shenandoah 8:10 ot to, not to Buy