Swiftly following his solo debut Flammende Herzen, in addition to tireless session work with sideband Harmonia and Brian Eno, Michael Rother’s 1978 solo album Sterntaler comes about at a time when the visionary musician couldn’t stop producing records of remarkable human warmth, a rarity in krautrock’s usual cosmonaut futurism. However, having reenlisted frequent collaborator Conny Plank and Can percussionist Jaki Leibezeit, Sterntaler imagines a place — and a music — beyond anything that came before.
Digital Track List
- 1 Sonnenrad Michael Rother 6:07 Buy
- 2 Blauer Regen Michael Rother 3:09 Buy
- 3 Stromlinien Michael Rother 8:15 Buy
- 4 Sterntaler Michael Rother 6:49 Buy
- 5 Fontana Di Luna Michael Rother 6:43 Buy
- 6 Orchestrion Michael Rother 3:43 Buy