The word ‘ironside’ denotes an individual of strong mental and physical strength. It’s also the name of a 1960s cop show, featuring a now-famous theme by Quincy Jones. Iron-willed jazz troupe Ruby Rushton seem to invoke both on this outstanding LP of genre-agnostic jazz landscapes, rich with vintage flavours and forward-thinking concessions to melody. Ironside is a rare thing in contemporary jazz: something both your jazz-head mates and your dad can appreciate.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 One Mo' Dram Ruby Rushton 5:00 Buy
- 2 Where Are You Now? Ruby Rushton 4:23 Buy
- 3 The Target Ruby Rushton 2:37 Buy
- 4 Return of the Hero Ruby Rushton 8:13 Buy
- 5 Eleven Grapes Ruby Rushton 4:40 Buy
- 6 Lara's Theme Ruby Rushton 5:24 Buy
- 7 Prayer for Grenfell Ruby Rushton 4:25 Buy
- 8 Ironside Ruby Rushton 3:48 Buy
- 9 Triceratops / The Caller Ruby Rushton 5:15 Buy
- 10 Pingwin (Requiem for Komeda) Ruby Rushton 9:59 Buy