The word ‘ironside’ denotes an individual of strong mental and physical strength. It’s also the name of a 1960s cop show, featuring a now-famous theme by Quincy Jones. Iron-willed jazz troupe Ruby Rushton seem to invoke both on this outstanding LP of genre-agnostic jazz landscapes, rich with vintage flavours and forward-thinking concessions to melody. Ironside is a rare thing in contemporary jazz: something both your jazz-head mates and your dad can appreciate.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$11.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 One Mo' Dram 5:00 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 2 Where Are You Now? 4:23 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 3 The Target 2:37 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 4 Return of the Hero 8:13 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 5 Eleven Grapes 4:40 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 6 Lara's Theme 5:24 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 7 Prayer for Grenfell 4:25 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 8 Ironside 3:48 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 9 Triceratops / The Caller 5:15 Ruby Rushton Buy
- 10 Pingwin (Requiem for Komeda) 9:59 Ruby Rushton Buy
- Buntus Rince: Explorations In Irish Jazz, Fusion & Folk 1969-81
- Catalogue Number