- Artwork by Nik Void
- Mastered by Russell Haswell
Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
The playful confidence that exudes Finlay Shakespeare's practice is flagarenty laid out on Domestic Economy, his extraordinary debut full length. Domestic Economy displays two eventful sides evidencing the unique musical approach Shakespeare has developed in such a short period of time. Let's get some facts straight, Finlay is young. And talented.
His programming skills belie his years and one can detect a sharp appreciation of historical electronic pop whilst simultaneously developing a canny understanding as to where such a form exists in the current age. Shakespeare's brazen lyrical content and significant melodic prowess highlight a brave new voice in what can often be a sterile aesthetic environment.
Domestic Economy bursts with edgy ecstatic electronic pop. A form not only unusual for Editions Mego (actually known for idolising such forms) but somewhat of a scarcity amongst the modern electronic landscape. Beling age, form and movement Domestic Economy is a damn near perfect amalgamation of historical respect and contemporary anxiety wrapped in an exquisite song-form package. Made in Bristol. Published in Wien. Delivered to all brains, like a wayward dream.
- 1 LuleaÌ 6:42 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 2 Dublin 8:57 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 3 Amsterdam 6:04 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 4 Pontyclun 5:33 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 5 Perris 6:27 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 6 Monadnock 6:41 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 7 Heston 5:20 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 8 Pittville 5:17 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 9 Benedict Canyon 5:49 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 10 Birmingham 9:00 Finlay Shakespeare Buy
- 11 Christiania 5:20 Finlay Shakespeare Buy