It’s buttery smooth, as funky as Herbie Hancock’s Headhunters, and out-there skittish where necessary; it’s front-running jazz quartet Ruby Rushton. Fronted by composer and arranger Edward Cawthorne’s vivacious flute, the pieces on Trudi’s Songbook Volume One & Two sway and jive with masterly composure, willing and able to loosen up and recompose at the drop of a hat. This lounge music, but you’ll find it hard lounging for too long.
- Deluxe gatefold sleeve
In stock. Shipping now.
- 1 Moonlight Woman 2:00 Ruby Rushton
- 2 Elephant & Castle 2:00 Ruby Rushton
- 3 Trudi’s Mood 0:45 Ruby Rushton
- 4 Prayer For Yusef 2:00 Ruby Rushton
- 5 Where Are You Now? 2:00 Ruby Rushton
- 6 The Camel’s Back 0:55 Ruby Rushton
- 7 Tisbury Truckin 1:00 Ruby Rushton
- 8 Song For Christopher 1:00 Ruby Rushton
- 9 Trudi’s Mood (part 2) 1:00 Ruby Rushton
- 10 Charlotte Emma Victoria 1:00 Ruby Rushton
- 11 Together At Last 1:00 Ruby Rushton
- 12 Butterfly 1:00 Ruby Rushton