The latest record to drop on Workshop (Madteo, Move D) finds two of the label’s favourite artists joining forces on a new project. Kolorit consists of Lowtec and Kassem Mosse, and on the six tracks of Workshop XXI the pair use all of their know-how to create a record of leftfield house takes. While the grooves here combine influences from minimal/dub techno and deep house, the zippy synth leads that crop up all over the record prevent the listener from getting too comfortable. The way that the melody of an entry like ‘Untitled B1’ skitters around the monitors belies a kwaito influence.
- 1 Untitled A1 8:54 Kolorit Buy
- 2 Untitled B1 6:03 Kolorit Buy
- 3 Untitled B2 6:54 Kolorit Buy
- 4 Untitled C1 7:48 Kolorit Buy
- 5 Untitled D1 6:23 Kolorit Buy
- 6 Untitled D2 7:20 Kolorit Buy