Upon its original release in 2001, ‘eisoptrophobia’, was heralded as an artistic bookend for the 20th century. Featuring solo piano recordings of well-known pieces by Bartók, Satie and Carté decayed and worn by Akira Rabelais’ Argeïphontes Lyre software, this haunting work transforms organic, humanistic music into algorithmically-generated ruins, encompassing the dark potentiality of technology itself. A contemporary of the likewise hauntological work of The Caretaker and William Basinski, ‘eisoptrophobia’ is as movingly austere as when it first surfaced.
- Pressed on black vinyl
In stock. Shipping now.
- 1 Notturno 0:52 Akira Rabelais
- 2 Troisieme Gnossienne 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 3 Aphorisming, Second 0:13 Akira Rabelais
- 4 Rhythme Bulgare 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 5 Aposiopesis 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 6 En Y Regardant A Deux Fois 0:58 Akira Rabelais
- 7 Gymnopedie No 1 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 8 Gymnopedie No 2 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 9 Gymnopedie No 3 2:00 Akira Rabelais
- 10 M2s Broken & Together 0:55 Akira Rabelais