Released in conjunction with a series of retrospective live events at the International Film Festival Braunschweig and Volksbühne Berlin in Autumn/Winter 2018, composer and musician Irmin Schmidt presents raw, inspiring pieces for prepared and un-prepared piano. Shot through with the atonal sensibilities of Anton Webern and Schubert, Schmidt draws on his own musical past as a former student of John Cage, as well as on the mottled hypnotism of krautrock legends Can, of which Schmidt was a founding member.
- Includes digital download
In stock. Shipping now.
Out of stock
- 1 Klavierstück I 13:25 Irmin Schmidt
- 2 Klavierstück II 9:04 Irmin Schmidt Buy
- 3 Klavierstück III 6:33 Irmin Schmidt Buy
- 4 Klavierstück IV 7:24 Irmin Schmidt Buy
- 5 Klavierstück V 6:15 Irmin Schmidt Buy
- Mark Stewart and The Maffia
- Learning To Cope With Cowardice / The Lost Tapes (Definitive Edition)
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- January 2019