In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
Moritz Simon Geist, media artist and robotic musician, publishes his first record. It is the world's first techno record played entirely by self-made futuristic robots.
Produced in Berlin by Mouse On Mars and Moritz Simon Geist
All of the sounds on his records are played by robots: small motors that beat on metal, futuristic 3D-printed robo-kalimbas, salvaged parts from old hard drives that click and cut. It took Geist several years to build, tweak, test and play all his DIY robotic instruments.
His 'Sonic Robots' try to push the boundaries of the imaginable. He did so already in 2012 with his well-known oversized 808 robot - an iconic drum machine gotten real, 4 by 2 meter, filled with robotic parts which play the instruments live and in front of the audience. Now, Moritz Simon Geist goes even further to discover the unknown and futuristic world of techno robotics. For this quest he teamed up with the berlinian sound wizards from Mouse On Mars and dug deep in the history of mechanical music and experiments of early electronic music.
On the Album "Robotic Electronic Music" Moritz Simon Geist extends the futuristic approach to music making he introduced in his first EP.
- 1 Entropy 6:14 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 2 The DNA Of Drumming 4:00 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 3 In g# (Katze lauft uber Klavier) 4:36 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 4 Gateland 4:38 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 5 Under Deconstruction 5:22 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 6 Empathiemaschine 2:43 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 7 Manchester Baby 4:32 Moritz Simon Geist Buy
- 8 A-rhythmic 4:17 Moritz Simon Geist Buy