Prolific Portsmouth producer The Gasman drops his second LP on Onomatopoeia Records (Barringtone, They Came From The Stars I Saw Them). Controlled Hallucination is a record that combines elements of psychedelia and hypnagogic pop with various electronic styles. The fusion of fairground organs, skittering 808s and proggy chord progressions on entries such as ‘Flash 6’ and ‘Wizards Sleeve’ gives off a strong Ghost Box Records vibe. On occasion, the tempo is ratcheted up and a breakbeat element is introduced - see ‘Tic 3000’ and the title track on this count. There is also a whiff of acid to this thing.
- Marbled Vinyl
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 New Chair 5:28 The Gasman Buy
- 2 Flash 6 3:40 The Gasman Buy
- 3 Rotorn 4:01 The Gasman Buy
- 4 Tic 3000 6:02 The Gasman Buy
- 5 Retention 4:51 The Gasman Buy
- 6 Cessation 1:50 The Gasman Buy
- 7 Wizards Sleeve 7:45 The Gasman Buy
- 8 Ufoluta 4:34 The Gasman Buy
- 9 Sii 2 3:48 The Gasman Buy
- 10 Spark 7 4:47 The Gasman Buy