The founder of Subtext Records (Fis & Rob Thorne, Ellen Arkbro) releases a new album on the label. James Ginzburg composed Six Correlations as a meditation on whether modern society’s march of progress will eventually mean a complete break between mankind and the natural world. While this could make for heavy listening, Ginzburg’s treatment of the subject matter has in fact spawned a work of great beauty. Utilising techniques from Gaelic, Indian and Iranian musical traditions Ginzburg creates droning ambiences that are sometimes augmented by bracing passages of drumming. Entries like ‘light, timed - a river’ bring to mind a more long-form and nuanced version of what Nils Frahm and Yann Tiersen do.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 light, timed ? a river 9:02 James Ginzburg Buy
- 2 of glass reversal 4:36 James Ginzburg Buy
- 3 if to pause 3:30 James Ginzburg Buy
- 4 a patterned, returned 4:52 James Ginzburg Buy
- 5 - reflects 2:46 James Ginzburg Buy
- 6 above water, inside 7:07 James Ginzburg Buy