Estimated Shipping: 10.04.18
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
La Maison Noir / The Black House is the new mini-album from South Africa’s Petite Noir. Diverse yet instant, six tracks are imbued with a spirit that leave an indelible memory.
The long-awaited follow-up to his acclaimed 2015 album La Vie Est belle / Life Is Beautiful, the mini-album features contributions from New Yorkrapper/poet Saul Williams and Detroit rapper Danny Brown, who Petite Noir previously collaborated with on Brown’s 2016 album Atrocity Exhibition.
It is through the lens of Noirwave that La Maison Noirwas created. Noirwave is a movement created by Petite Noir and creative director RhaRha, with its roots in music but its vision fixed firmly on the creative future. Responding to current cultural movements centred in Africa - arising against a backdrop of international anxieties concerning borders, nationhood and globalisation - Noirwave offers followers a citizenship which rejoices in freedom of movement, physically and creatively.
- 1 Blame Fire 4:09 Petite Noir Buy
- 2 Beach (feat. Danny Brown & Nukubi Nukubi) 4:11 Petite Noir
- 3 F.F.Y.F (POW) (feat. Rha! Rha!) 5:04 Petite Noir
- 4 R E S P E C T 4:40 Petite Noir
- 5 Blowing Up The Congo (feat. Saul Williams) 5:14 Petite Noir
- 6 Hanoii (feat. Rha! Rha!) 3:20 Petite Noir