Berlin based Marquis Hawkes hooks up with the English soul singer Jamie Lidell on ‘We Should Be Free’, Hawkes’s new single released ahead of the producer’s latest Houndstooth LP. A euphoric house outfit in the traditional scope of the genre, the EP comes with three additional remixes of the single all completed by Hawkes himself. ‘We Should Be Free’ demonstrates some of the producer’s finest work to date; the catchy refrains of Lidell’s vocal arrangement complimenting Hawkes’ choice of nineties’ style house production, with the energetic piano compositions and Chicago jack aspects of the work being pushed to the fore. An entirely instrumental remix titled ‘We Should Be Free (Bonus Beats)’ is offered on the B-side.
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 We Should Be Free 7:03 Marquis Hawkes & Jamie Lidell Buy
- 2 We Should Be Free (Hawkes Dub) 4:15 Marquis Hawkes & Jamie Lidell Buy
- 3 We Should Be Free (Hawkes Club Vocal) 7:03 Marquis Hawkes & Jamie Lidell Buy
- 4 We Should Be Free (Bonus Beats) 4:15 Marquis Hawkes Buy
- Various Artists
- Presents : Sorry for the Delay - Wolf Müller's Most Whimsical Remixes
- Safe Trip
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- November 2018