A special release from the Moog Recordings Library here. In September 2016, Moog’s legendary bank of synthesisers known as the ‘Sound Lab’ made its first trip out into the world. Re-housed at London’s Cafe Oto under the watchful eye of Finlay Shakespeare, the Lab was used as part of the performance which occurred that night. It was a formidable line-up that took to the stage - Afrobeat legend Tony Allen, paired with Finnish weirdo-disco savant Jimi Tenor. As the Lab coloured their playing with splashes of synth, the pair produced a whirlwind set of cosmic Afro-Disco. Tenor’s nimble, often riotous woodwind technique sounds particularly good when run through the Moogs.
- Limited edition
- Pressed on clear vinyl
- Pressed on black vinyl
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Paris 9:07 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen Buy
- 2 Afro Disco Beat 11:21 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen
- 3 Selfish Gene 6:20 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen Buy
- 4 Asiko 15:41 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen
- 5 New World 10:26 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen
- 6 OTO Jam 8:01 Jimi Tenor / Tony Allen Buy