30/70s 2017 mini-LP Elevate has quickly become one of the quintessential Rhythm Section releases. The group’s blend of jazz, neo-soul, funk, hip-hop, shuffling house and more is a perfect summation of the Peckham label’s sound. It’s also prime remix material, as proven by these six Elevations. We actually begin with a wonderfully soulful live version of Elevate number ‘Steady Hazin’’ from 30/70 themselves. Neue Grafik’s remix of ‘Slangin’’ is a nicely restrained two-step that brings to mind a collaboration between Bonobo and MJ Cole. Setwun does a similar thing to ‘Get To Me’ while also throwing a little Theo Parrish into the mix. Rainforest Productions offer up the hardest take, a fiery breaks re-rub of ‘Misrepresented’, before things close out with two versions of ‘Breaking’ by Z Lovecraft.
Digital Track List
- 1 Steady Hazin' (Live From The Living Room) 30/70 4:38 Buy
- 2 Slangin' (Neue Grafik Rework) 30/70 5:39 Buy
- 3 Get to Me (Setwun Remix) 30/70 4:11 Buy
- 4 Misrepresented (Rainforest Productions Remix) 30/70 6:26 Buy
- 5 Breaking (Z Lovecraft Vocal Dub) 30/70 5:16 Buy
- 6 Breaking (Z Lovecraft Dub Version) 30/70 5:36 Buy