Gorgeous stuff from Seahawks here. The duo of John Tye and Pete Fowler have always had a knack for creating cerebral ambiences of uncommon beauty, but even by their standards Eternal Beams is a special LP. The first four tracks feature warm chords and little wisps of melody keening softly on grainy beds of sounds. Imagine bvdub trading in angst for transcendence then getting together with Boards Of Canada. In the record’s second half the pair’s sound is bolstered by the singular zither and vocal stylings of Laraaji. Please note that the CD runs to nine tracks while the vinyl release contains only seven.
Their last album ‘Escape Hatch’ described by Vice as a ‘modern masterpiece’ only hinted at the transcendent power of Seahawks music.
Eternal Beams goes ‘further’ to create a whole new harmonial experience.
- 1 Sweet Rain 2:00
- 2 Falling Waters 2:00
- 3 Golden Ghosts/Awake 2:00
- 4 Eternal Beams 2:00
- 5 Music For Dolphins & People (part 1 & 2 - Laraaji Voice & Zither) 2:00
- 6 Radiance Gateway (Laraaji Voice & Zither) 1:34
- 7 Rest In Peace (Laraaji Voice & Zither) 2:00
- 8 Ten Moons (Laraaji Voice & Zither) 2:00
- 9 Creation Tones (Laraaji Voice & Zither) 2:00
- A Little Bit Of Thomas In The Night (with a touch of Coco)
- Ocean Moon
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- August 17, 2014