Not a great deal of information around for this tape from Amanda Butterworth’s Mücha project, but Misc. Works - out on Misc. Records, geddit? - is good enough to speak for itself. Most of the tracks here are beautiful, woozy pieces of electronic pop. The likes of ‘House Of Sand’ and ‘South Ends’ bring to mind a more streamlined version of Inga Copeland’s anti-pop music. There is also a strong influence from the ambient tape loops of artists like William Basinski and The Caretaker. ‘A View From Above’, for instance, is a delightful wordless piece, and elsewhere Mücha often lets these loops build for several minutes before introducing her vocals.
- Lenticular card cover
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 South Ends 4:22 Mücha Buy
- 2 House Of Sand 5:30 Mücha Buy
- 3 A View From Above 5:14 Mücha Buy
- 4 The Gun 7:00 Mücha Buy
- 5 The Green Up Under Hill 7:51 Mücha Buy
- 6 Terra Fiction 7:39 Mücha Buy
- 7 Long Drive 7:15 Mücha Buy
- 8 Late Summer 1:37 Mücha Buy
- 9 Narrow Fate 6:40 Mücha Buy
- 10 Ascent 6:47 Mücha Buy