Big curiosity here from Noise In My Head curator and Efficient Space label owner Michael Kucyk. Downtempo acid trance, drum computers and late 90s production methods converge with the songs of indigenous peoples of the Arnhem Land in an interesting cross-cultural artefact that all but faded into obscurity but for a chance encounter in a radio station archive. ‘Black Crow, White Cockatoo’ combines ancient folklore sung in Djinang and Gannalbingu with the kind of dreamy, FM synth styles Len Leise or Luka Productions have championed in recent years. Recommended for fans of MFM, Seance Centre et al.
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Rainbow Serpent 4:51 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- 2 Djambaku 7:36 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- 3 White Cockatoo 5:20 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- 4 Mother, I'm Going 8:17 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- 5 Gandi Bawong 4:16 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- 6 Black Crow 4:47 Waak Waak Djungi Buy
- Pierre Bastien, Cabo San Roque, Anna Homler, Adrian Northover and Dave Tucker
- First Terrace Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- September 2018