Canadian experimental label Constellation give new life to super obscure aboriginal jazz works from Alanis Obomsawin. ‘Odana’ kicks off proceedings in a surreal and mellow fairy tale esque fashion, soft vocal murmurings which bring to mind the ethereal work of Greek singer Savina Yannatou. ‘Hey bush lady, come to the city...’ – stunning performance here that makes this one of our favourite recent arrivals! For fans of minimalist jazz, abstract vocal scores (think Joan La Barbara et al) and general otherworldliness. Thanks to Constellation for choosing to share this one, and hats off for reissuing criminally overlooked albums as opposed to expensive holy grails.
In stock, shipping now.
CDOut of stock
Digital Track List
- 1 Odana Alanis Obomsawin 3:39 Buy
- 2 Bush Lady, Pt. I Alanis Obomsawin 10:04
- 3 Bush Lady, Pt. II Alanis Obomsawin 2:44 Buy
- 4 Of the Earth and of the Sea Alanis Obomsawin 0:24 Buy
- 5 Theo, Pt. I Alanis Obomsawin 7:59 Buy
- 6 Theo, Pt. II Alanis Obomsawin 8:08 Buy
- 7 Nziwaldam Alanis Obomsawin 1:06 Buy