With the passing of Hugh Masekela in early 2018 the world lost one of the greats of 20th Century music. The South African trumpeter not only helped to bring his native land’s blues to a global audience, but he did it while remaining a fiercely defiant anti-Apartheid voice. This compilation collects work from Masekela’s decade on the Chisa label between 1965 and 1975. One of his great tricks was to always bring the best out of his collaborators - this compilation features great work from his time in the groups Ojah, The Zulus and more - and wed his political messages with righteous grooves in a manner reminiscent of Fela Kuti.
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
- 1 Afro Beat Blues 1:00 Ojah with Hugh Masekela
- 2 Mahlalela 1:00 Letta Mbulu
- 3 Amo Sakesa 1:00 Baranta feat Miatta Fahinbulleh
- 4 U Se Mcani 1:00 Letta Mbulu
- 5 Tepo 1:00 Baranta with Miatta Fahinbulleh
- 6 Za Labalaba 1:00 The Zulus
- 7 Aredze 1:00 The Zulus
- 8 Witch Doctor 1:00 Baranta with Miatta Fahinbulleh
- 9 Joala 1:00 The Zulus
- 10 Ahvuomo 1:00 Baranta with Miatta Fahinbulleh
- 11 Melodi (Sounds Of Home) 1:00 Letta Mbulu
- 12 A Cheeka Laka Laka 1:00 Baranta feat Miatta Fahinbulleh
- 13 Awe Mfana 1:00 Johanesburg Street Band
- 14 Macongo 1:00 Letta Mbulu
- Various Artists
- Two Niles to Sing a Melody: The Violins & Synths of Sudan
- Ostinato Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- September 2018