Long celebrated as a master of the twelve-string guitar, Sarah Louise adds a thirteenth string on her new LP - namely her powerful, commanding voice. Deeper Woods sees Louise spreading her wings further than ever before, letting her singing take centre-stage and bringing her prodigious talent as an instrumentalist into line. Drawing from Appalachian folk music as well as a little synth-pop and even doom metal, Louise has created a stirring LP here. ‘When Winter Turns’ is a pregnant, brooding affair reminiscent of Chelsea Wolfe and fellow Thrill Jockey act High Places, while ‘The Field That Touches My House And Yours’ is like an earthier rendering of one of Angel Olsen’s home recordings.
- Limited Coloured Vinyl
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Bowman's Root 3:59 Sarah Louise Buy
- 2 When Winter Turns 3:35 Sarah Louise Buy
- 3 The Field That Touches My House And Yours 3:16 Sarah Louise Buy
- 4 Pipevine Swallowtails 5:28 Sarah Louise Buy
- 5 Up On The Ridge 7:33 Sarah Louise Buy
- 6 On Nights When I Can't Sleep 7:06 Sarah Louise Buy
- 7 Fire Pink And Milkweed 3:13 Sarah Louise Buy
- Glenn Jones
- The Giant Who Ate Himself And Other New Works For 6 & 12 String Guitar
- Thrill Jockey
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- August 2018