Portland duo The Body continue to push the limits of ‘heavy’ music on their new LP. I Have Fought Against It, But I Can’t Any Longer casts its net wide. It samples Eek-A-Mouse, but also Czech writer Bohumil Hrabal; the sound draws from genres as varied as Gothic post-punk, dark ambience, hardcore hip-hop and doom techno; the band team up with collaborators including Chrissy Wolpert from Assembly Of Light Choir and Sandworm’s Ben Eberie. It’s a testament to the group’s vision that this album sticks to its aesthetic with such singular intent. Fans of everyone from Anna von Hausswolff to clipping. will be able to get behind this.
- Limited coloured vinyl
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 The Last Form of Loving 3:34 The Body Buy
- 2 Can Carry No Weight 4:30 The Body Buy
- 3 Partly Alive 4:22 The Body Buy
- 4 The West has Failed 3:38 The Body Buy
- 5 Nothing Stirs 5:55 The Body Buy
- 6 Off Script 5:28 The Body Buy
- 7 An Urn 4:03 The Body Buy
- 8 Blessed, Alone 3:58 The Body Buy
- 9 Sickly Heart of Sand 5:35 The Body Buy
- 10 Ten Times a Day, Every Day, A Stranger 8:32 The Body Buy