Danish savante Agnes Obel is the latest to step up to bat for team Late Night Tales. Anyone familiar with Obel’s solo output will be expecting a brooding mix full of stuerm und drang, and the Dane certainly doesn’t disappoint on that front. She has put together a bewitching collection of tracks here. Henry Mancini’s skulking ‘The Evil Theme’ sets the tone perfectly for a selection that includes work from artists as disparate as Ray Davies, Nina Simone, Can and Alfred Schnittke. It is also studded with Obel originals and covers, allowing her to put her stamp on this beguiling record.
Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$16.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 The Evil Theme 3:02 Henry Mancini
- 2 Moonbird 2:22 Roger Webb
- 3 03 Eden Ahbez - Eden's Island 2:12 Agnes Obel
- 4 The Nights 3:19 Lee Hazlewood
- 5 Ay Ay Ay Ay (Angle-Lala) 3:05 Nora Dean
- 6 Great Mission 2:54 Yello
- 7 Aleluia 3:30 Quarteto Em Cy with Tamba Trio
- 8 Bloody Shadows from a Distance 3:04 Lena Platonos
- 9 I Go To Sleep 2:45 Ray Davies
- 10 Piano Quintet, V 3:55 Alfred Schnittke