Audio pioneers Rega have been sculpting equipment for the home listener who wants some serious sound system performance from a turntable.
With each turntable featuring a bespoke design and bearing ultra-low friction performance, the Rega offers the best audio performance and durability for everyone from the casual listener and DJ spinning the latest electronic 12"s to the reissue hungry audiophile.
The Rega Planar 1 turntable is considered to be the most user friendly model from Rega to date. Coming with a present bias force on the RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 offers instant enjoyment with its simple to operate unpack plug in and play set up.
- Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed bespoke zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance (Patent Pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most Plug & Play turntable we have ever manufactured. New ergonomically re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and appearance.
- Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24v Motor
- The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley. Offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Brand new thermoset gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off sw
- Central Bearing housing
- Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and reducing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy. (Patent pending)
- Brand new 23mm higher mass phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
- Re-Designed Feet
- New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Motor Cover Tray
- New motor cover tray with integrated cooling. Balance Weight New 111g ‘plug and play’ balance weight.
- Upgrade Pack
- Aftermarket upgrade pack available: The performance: Pack Bias 2 cartridge 100% wool mat and upgrade drive belt. (Now available for the RP1, Planar 1 and Planar 2).