- 288 Page Hardback Book
- 481 illustrations in colour and black and white
Collectors Edition - Innovative Packaging And Graphics$41.99
In stock, shipping now.
The packaging of physical creative products has increasingly turned to limited editions and elaborate packaging design possibly as a reaction against the prevalence of digital goods. Stuart Tolley has collected together 170 innovative examples of packing design from across the creative industries including music, books and magazines. We are very flattered that Stuart has included music releases from Bleep and our collaborations with GiveUpArt and Shaun Bloodworth.
This is split into four key sections:
- Boxed: Box sets, boxed editions, large-format packaging and limited-edition collectibles.
- Multiples: Multiple covers, guest artists, collectible series and deluxe editions made from specialist materials.
- Hand: Handmade, hand-manipulated and traditionally crafted one-of-a-kind packaging and design.
- Extras: Collectible memorabilia, ultimate collectors’ editions and sculptural objects incorporating digital technologies
The book is illustrated with gorgeous still life shots of products in-depth interviews giving insight into the creative process of 6 designers.
Contributors include: Radiohead, David Bowie, Björk, Paul McCartney, The Designers Republic, Penguin, The Hunger, Slanted, Hort, Warp Records, Ninja Tune, The Folio Society, Vaughan Oliver, The Vinyl Factory, Nick Cave, Faber & Faber, Coldplay, Wallpaper, Ashley Bickerton, Chris Ofili, Tom Hingston, Bleep, Lex, Ghostly International, The Vatican Secret Archive, Massive Attack, Mario Testino, Oliver Jeffers, Andrew Hem, Bonobo, The Breeders, Pixies, Tracey Emin, Vogue, Jonathan Barnbrook and many more.