Playful fun to the extreme. I don't think these two own a clock or are otherwise stressed by time. Tickles the head and the feet with a big soft brush of nerve ends in the middle.
Modern Hit Midgets
Safe In Harbour
Vilod (Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer)
Staat Aus Glas
Soul Jazz Records Presents Sounds of the Universe: Art + Sound 2012-15 Vol.1
A great compilation. i picked kassem mosse as the prime example of a producer finding his way into a very crowded scene with a convincing personal take on building a new house.
Whatever Falls Is Sumptous
Natalie Beridze aka TBA
One of my favorite composers and singers hailing from georgia stays true to her carpathian musical roots, her heart and comes up with the most convincing electronic melancholia. i want to hear/own every note she's recording.
Following on from seven Mark Ernestus present Jeri-Jeri releases, which saw the one half of the Basic Channel collaborate with a group of Sabar drummers from Senegal, Ernestus’s Ndagga imprint releases Mark Ernestus’ Ndagga Rhythm Force: a stripped back clout of polyrhythmic drumming overlaid with Basic Channel techno underlay. First track ‘Yermande (Kick and Bass Mix)’ starts off the release with some heavy bass guitar grooves and slow kicks, whilst the ‘Yermande (Prophet 5 Mix) with Mbene Diatta Seck’ rolls in with full-throttle drum rhythms, spectrally distorted vocals and smooth techno pulses. The release features instrumental tracks as well as vocals from the Ndagga regular Mbene Diatta Seck’.
- 1 Yermande (Kick and Bass Mix) [with Mbene Diatta Seck] 6:09 Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force Buy
- 2 Yermande (Kick and Bass Instrumental) 6:09 Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force Buy
- 3 Yermande (Prophet 5 Mix) [with Mbene Diatta Seck] 6:08 Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force Buy
- 4 Yermande (Prophet 5 Rhythm) 6:07 Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force Buy
CDOut of stock
Legendary house & techno producer as well as co-founder and co-owner of Kompakt, Wolfgang Voigt unleashes a best of his PROTEST imprint featuring tracks never-before-released on CD. Originally established in 93' Profan has been a staple home for Voigt's streamlined chromatic house and techno constructions, all with an experimental edge, from the pre-Berghain 10 am roll of 'Clara Wieck' to the stop/start shuffle of 'Rosenkranz' this comp is nothing but essential for fans of Voigt and the sounds perfected throughout the history of Kompakt. A fine selection of sometime-funky, sometime-ambient electronic tracks that can act as tools for the more daring DJ but will also be a fine soundtrack for the stay at home house crew.
- 1 Robert Schumann 5:19 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 2 Clara Wieck 5:16 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 3 Endlich 5:56 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 4 Empathie 5:47 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 5 Erst Schiessen (Dann Fragen) 4:44 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 6 Dä Hellije Zinter Mätes 3:29 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 7 Kafkatrax 2.3 (Jazz Mix) 7:01 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 8 Umbau 2.3 5:36 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 9 Rosenkranz 5:38 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 10 Tubass 1.2 6:11 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 11 Freiland - Grün (Tubass Mix) 5:45 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
- 12 Unendlich 10:18 Wolfgang Voigt Buy
Furthering his reputation as a modern day Sun Ra, Ras G continues a mind-boggling run of releases (10 LPs and 9 EPs since 2008) with yet another selection of high quality experimental hip-hop, this time for Austin-based modern soul label (iN)Sect Records. Previews for this one are being kept tightly under wraps, but if recent form is anything to go by expect a mind-warping gallery of sounds encompassing everything from soul and jazz to hip-hop, funk and afro-beat, all filtered through Ras G’s kaleidoscopic, space-age imagination.
- 1 Can't Hide 1:03 Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program
- 2 Uno Riddim 0:43 Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program
- 3 Green & Chocolate (Ras G Blunt) 0:52 Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program
- 4 Jet Rendered (feat Rogue Venom - raw Fruit version) 0:36 Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program
- 5 Fried Plantanos 1:07 Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program
Jordan Czamanski’s Amsterdam-based Off Minor Recordings resume their lost tape series with Move D’s The KM20 Tapes Volume 2 (1992-1996). Previously unreleased, these three tracks of deep and dubbed out techno explorations were produced and recorded by David Moufang at the KM20 studios in Heidelberg between 1992 and 1996. Thanks to Czamanski’s close relationship with Moufang, the KM20 Tapes not only offers us a rare insight into the excellent mind of the renowned German producer, but also a piece of electronic music history. On the A-side we’re spoilt with a psychedelic 12-minute grower, and on the B-side ‘Inside the Dollhouse’ impresses with lush piano samples.
Vinyl, 10"Out of stock
The All City Los Angeles series gathers further momentum with this sixth instalment, featuring arguably the biggest name yet Daedelus. Partnering the electronic-dandy on the flipside is Cali explorer Teebs (Svletlana Industries, Brainfeeder). A ten track head-melt in wild electronics from both parties.
- 1 Fates Say 2:18 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 2 You've Heard 2:27 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 3 Old Hearts 1:17 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 4 You've Known 1:30 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 5 Strange Days 2:05 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 6 Vous Ites Stereo 2:29 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 7 Archipelago 1:32 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 8 Flower Drum Song 2:13 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 9 Anchor Steam 1:51 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
- 10 Untitled 4 1:58 Daedelus / Teebs Buy
Vinyl, EPOut of stock
Justin Carter and Eamon Harkin officially welcome UK producer Ali Gibbs alias Nebraska into their Mister Saturday Night roster. His outings for Rush Hour helped define the glimmering style of his productions, and after a stopover at Delusions Of Grandeur for his Rye Lane Rhythms EP in March 2015, Gibbs approached Carter and Harkin with the new material that is now the Stand Your Ground EP. It’s unsurprising Gibbs has been appearing regularly in the duo’s track selection at their illustrious Mister Sunday parties (as documented on their Weekends and Beginnings mix released at the end of 2014): from the cheering ambient sounds of ‘The Stoop’ to the relaxing pattern of the title track, the lively trumpets of ‘Emotional Rescue’ and high-spirited melodies of ‘Little Chan’ — the joyfully grooving, disco infected house feels as snug as a bug in a rug in the ambience of positivity the label’s events radiate.
- 1 Ann Arbor 5:36 Soulphiction Buy
- 2 Bass Jam 4:54 Soulphiction Buy
- 3 With Attitude 4:53 Soulphiction Buy
- 4 Detox 3:59 Soulphiction Buy
- 5 Riot Party 3:07 Soulphiction Buy